Greece Non-Dom Special Tax Resident
Greek Non-Dom Tax Regime
Source and background
The conceptual model of residence is changing. The primary residence may be in one country, while the holiday residence or second residence may be in another country. Even the family's living pattern is changing. In the traditional model, couples and children have a residence in the same country, but now more and more cases are where spouses work and live permanently in another country, while they live with their children or other family members. In Greece, a family may live in different cities in the summer and winter; it may even live in two different countries in Europe in a year; including employees who work through technology and remote work, they may not necessarily work and live in the same city Country/Region, and thus Non-dom (Non Domicile concept)
Special treatment for entrepreneurs
Non-Dom creates a win-win situation for Greece and entrepreneurs
As much as the rest of the EU, Greece passed a new bill as early as last year’s election,Open more channels for obtaining Golden VisaIn order to attract more powerful entrepreneurs, the new government team promotes incentives for tax residents, expresses Greece’s ambitions in the international and EU countries, and vigorously grants tax incentives to attract residents with high tax rates, hoping to increase public income And get various incidental benefits. Therefore, the non-dom of special tax residents was born.
Non-Dom tax resident tax rate
Revenue in Greece
The domestic tax rate of Non-dom special tax residents is the same as the tax rate of Greek tax residents, and the income calculated based on the various types of receipts and sources obtained in Greece
Revenue outside Greece
The biggest difference between Non-dom special tax residents and other Greek tax residents is thatFor foreign income, only one-time payment of 100,000 euros per year is required, No need to declare foreign amounts in Greece.
Conditions for entering Non-dom
The revised Greek Income Tax Law (Law No. 4172/2014). There are three conditions that must be met to become a non-domestic tax resident in Greece:
- Natural person
- It should not be a tax resident of Greece within the first seven (7) years of the eight (8) years before its tax residence is transferred to Greece;
- The amount of investment must not be less than 500,000 euros. The investment must be completed within three years from the date of submission of the application to transfer tax residence to other taxation methods.
- The submitted application is until March 31 of the tax year.
- The application was approved or rejected by the Greek tax office within 60 days
- After submitting the application, Greece will announce to the country with tax status and notify the tax authorities.
- Within 30 days after approval, an annual income tax of 100,000 euros is paid.
Non-Dom tax resident advantages
inCRS protocol implementationUnder the regulations, countries will automatically exchange account information, and how much money in the financial account of the same identity will be automatically exchanged, and most members of the United Nations are currently inList of signatory countries of CRSInternally, when the bank account is opened, the account holder is required to provide a tax number and prove his tax status. Non-dom's tax resident status legally solves the problem of opening an account. Reference article:What is the tax number? Tax residents?
Don't worry about automatic exchange of financial accounts
Automatic Exchmage of Information Automatic Exchange (AEI) is aCRS friendlyThe following tax standards are used to regulate how the tax authorities of the country exchange with the taxpayer's account or depositmonetary assetsAnd information about the income derived from it, determined according to the domestic tax laws of each jurisdiction (State Administration of Taxation), the bank must ensure that the account holder (or controller) discloses all tax residences, That is to sayState Administration of TaxationI already have a copy of the identity and information of all account holders registered in overseas banks when opening an account. Using NON-DOM tax resident status can avoid the occurrence of AEI.
You can open an account with an island passport
Island country passports, or countries that provide CBI (Citizenship by Investment), including Dominica,St Kitts and Nevis, Antigua, Grenada, Turkey, Saint Lucia, European countries: Cyprus, Malta,Montenegro, Moldova, Vanuatu are all inOECD Economic Cooperation and Development Organization reminder listIt has not been easy to open accounts in Hong Kong, Singapore, and Dubai. One of the main reasons is that these countries are tax-exempt countries, and bank managers need to pay more for due diligence. No bank wanted to commit money laundering.
Open an account with a big country passport
High-asset individuals have acquired Maltese or Cyprus status in the past five years and joined the ranks of EU citizens, but inOECD (Economic Cooperation and Development Organization)AnnouncedCBI (Citizenship By Investment) reminder listAfter that, all the high-asset ethnic groups that may use the passport of the second country to evade taxes were exposed to global financial institutions. Now, Non-dom can legalize these offshore bank accounts
Non-dom tax residents are not required to pay tax on overseas income
Dual nationality is safer, no need to account for overseas income, and bring family members
Non-dom, a special tax resident, will undoubtedly bring more space and freedom to Greece and high-asset ethnic groups. The Greek taxation authority only pays a fixed tax of 100,000 euros per year. High-asset families do not have to struggle to submit overseas account information and are more confidential. safer.
Compared with the upgraded Dominica passport
useCBI projectPlusGreek FIP, orGreece Golden Visa, OrNON-DOMAll of them belong to high-end practices. For high-asset people, not paying no taxes at all, but paying a reasonable amount of taxes,Advanced Citizenship by InvestmentuseDominica Gold IdentityPlusFIP (financially independent person)Solved the nationality problem of account opening status, but there is no NON-DOM advantage in the offshore taxation worldwide. Households with higher funds can consider Dominica +NON-DOM.
Compared with Golden Visa
Golden visaProvide foreigners with one-step access to permanent residence status, but this status does not have tax advantages. As a permanent resident of Greece, you can obtain a local tax number, but if you are configuring offshore assets, according to the CRS agreement, use the original Nationality passports are still classified as tax residents of the original country and become the object of automatic exchange of financial accounts. Reference article:Chinese to transfer the money directly to overseas territory? Is it safe?
Comparison with other tax resident status
Greece Non-dom is the latest and most direct in the EU mainstream marketTax residentIdentity, excellent national reputation is more accepted by the OECD than the previous Tax Heaven. For the rich, they can openly hide overseas assets, avoid disclosure, and achieve practical control. Wealth inheritance can be furtherLearn about our servicesthe brochure freely.
If the family income is more than 2 million US dollars, or the annual tax payment exceeds 350,000 US dollars, you can consider applying for Greece's Non-dom; if the annual tax payment exceeds 600,000 US dollars, the family directly applies for a Dominica passport plus Non-dom The identity is the best configuration; people with high cash assets can also apply. Families in need can contact us. We have extensive experience in local tax planning and asset planning in Greece. We also provide local legal and residency services.
Greek Articles Homepage
Calculate the cost of buying a Greek golden visa
Interpretation of Golden Visa in 5 minutes
Investment-free, house-free, financially independent EU permanent residence
Comparison of Financially Independent Person (FIP) and Golden Visa
Aboriginal immigration to Greece is a starting point to the future
The right of abode in Greece does not need to return to the country to apply for a ten-year visa for the United States
Nine ways to obtain a Greek golden visa in addition to buying a house there are eight options Golden Visa Greece
Get a Commonwealth passport in one step, go toDominica passport homepage
Wechat WeChat (bih2005)
[email protected]/ [email protected]
Schedule an appointmentPlease click here
- How much does St. Kitts, Dominica, Turkey cost? The three strongest one step in place, passport cost, investment, donation, buying a house, obtaining identity and nationality advantages, a complete comparison Saint Kitts has the most visa-free countries, Dominica is the most stable, and Turkey is the most popular in 2019. Let Bih take you to analyze the nationality status and passport advantages of these three countries.
- Common questions about St. Kitts passport, St. Kitts buying a house, St. Kitts immigration, and Dominica nationality Frequently asked questions about St. Kitts passport, buying a house in St. Kitts, immigration to St. Kitts, and nationality of Dominica...
- Dominica passports have added more visa-free countries. Dominica's new passports are more secure passports and more choices for a better life. Dominica ePassport While the world is still troubled by the vaccine and the new pneumonia epidemic, Dominica is calmly increasing its passport exemption countries. Since it was notified by the Investment and Immigration Bureau of the Ministry of Finance on June 24...
- Three ways to buy a passport, which ones do you know? Direct immigration to Europe? Passport immigration to choose Europe or the Caribbean? When it comes to immigrants, most people think of the United States, Canada and Europe first, but if you want to obtain citizenship, you must experience 6 to 7 years or more. Have you directly taken...
- How to apply for Dominica passport, price, visa free countries, and qualification? The Dominica Citizenship by Investment Program was established in 1993 to legally provide permanent citizenship and passports for mid- to high-end individuals and families around the world. It only takes four to six months to apply, and no...
- Case sharing: Why can't I naturalize a Caribbean country with a purchased Mexican passport The Mexican passport should be familiar to some people in the market, but there are also many controversies in its practical application. Some people think...(
- American Airlines begins flying to Dominica from 42 U.S. cities as demand to visit Dominica increases
- The biggest "coup d'etat" in history, St. Kitts dissolved the parliament, fired the foreign minister, and dismissed the deputy prime minister. Will St. Kitts become the next country to cut off diplomatic relations with the Republic of China? How will St Kitts passport immigration develop?
- Important Notice – May 12, 2022
- Deciphering Cypriot documents: Why getting an EU passport may end up being a waste of time
- Turkish passport increased by 60% from $250,000 to $400,000