Interpretation of Greece's Golden Visa, the most comprehensive analysis in the history of overseas real estate, immigration to Greece in one step to buy a house to get a permanent residence
Golden Visa and permanent residency
On March 30, 2019, the Greek Parliament formally adopted aNew investment bill to expand the scope of "golden visa" issuanceThe market rumor that has been circulating for more than a year has finally become a bill and will be officially implemented on June 30, 2019. In the past, Greece opened a golden visa in 2013, and non-EU citizens obtained permanent residence in one step by buying a house. After seven years, the Greek government has repeatedly improved. This article provides the most comprehensive and in-depth analysis of investment immigrants obtaining permanent residency. I hope it can help you make a sensible choice based on an in-depth understanding of the Greek "Golden Visa" project.
The 2009 debt crisis
The sovereign debt crisis that broke out in 2009 had a huge impact on Greece's politics, economy and society. From the data point of view, whether it is GDP or GNI, Greece has taken a roller coaster in the past 20 years (a generation's time).
Calculated according to the constant dollar in 2010, the Greek GDP fell back to the level of around 2001 in 2018 (below)
Calculated according to the constant dollar in 2010, the per capita gross national income of Greece fell back to the level before 1998 in 2018. (The following figure)
Why Greece needs a golden visa (Golden Visa)
Investing in a country starts with studying history and understanding the data. From understanding these, it is also clear why Greece has introduced a "golden visa" policy, and why Greece needs permanent residence to attract external investors to buy real estate. Let's look at the following analysis:
Property prices fall
According to data published by the European Mortgage Association, Greece is one of the countries with the highest homeownership rate in Europe (its homeownership rate is 80%, while the European average is 69.3%), and real estate accounts for a large proportion of Greek family wealth The proportion, as far as ordinary families are concerned, I think it must exceed 80% at least. In other words, the core asset of the Greeks is real estate. Although Greek house prices have experienced some recovering growth in the past year or two, compared with the highest house prices in 2007 before the debt crisis, Greek house prices fell by more than 40%, leaving many Greeks with mortgages or loans to build houses in financial trouble , Also caused a very serious chain reaction.
The government needs to increase taxes
The financial industry needs to be activated
The bank's bad debt rate has been high for a long time, which has led banks to dare not lend. According to data released by the International Monetary Fund, the NPL ratio of Greek banks has increased from around 20% in 2009 to around 45% in 2017. According to what we have learned, at least 50% and above non-performing loans originate from personal housing mortgage loans. In the face of the high non-performing loan rate, Greek banks generally chose to "learn loans": due to the reduction in people's income, the bank's deposits also decreased accordingly, which also led to a reduction in the bank's loanable funds, coupled with rising non-performing loans Rates and lack of confidence in the future have led Greek banks to generally “reluctant to lend”. Similar to China, the main channel for Greek companies to obtain funds is to apply for loans from banks. In the context of bank "credit", it is difficult for Greek companies to obtain the funds that are in urgent need of development. This further leads to the lack of economic recovery and unemployment in Greece. As a result of high levels, falling taxes, and rising tax rates, Greece is in a vicious circle.
Golden visa! Golden Visa: 2013 version
Greece’s “Golden Visa” Act in 2013, non-EU families, including related children up to the age of 24 and parents of both spouses, can obtain permanent residence status through the purchase of a property worth 250,000 euros, and it only takes a short time. It can be approved within 3 months (in some regions, it takes less time) to become the most competitive permanent residency program in Europe. Permanent residence in Greece allows visa-free travel to all countries in the Schengen area for up to 90 days. The golden visa provides family members with freedom to travel and live freely in the EU, leading to an excellent European education and medical system.
Greece opened up a one-step permanent residency status. In 2013, the Golden Visa (Golden Visa) version first let the homeowner unravel, then let the bank and government unravel, which ultimately helped Greece stop the vicious circle and enter a virtuous circle.
Buy a house, give your identity, live forever
After the introduction of Golden Visa in 2013 in Greece, the European market for housing immigrants gradually turned to Greece in 2015 to 2017. Intermediaries found this virgin land after the debt crisis and led investors into the market, so Greece bought a house and sent an identity like Harry Bo. Special movie preview, the news is blooming everywhere, the charm of permanent residence, let the Greek housing market gradually pick up.
Who is the biggest beneficiary of the golden visa
Greek house prices bottomed out,One step permanent residencyIt is indeed very attractive, but the biggest beneficiaries are Greek landlords, especially those with more than two houses; secondly, lawyers, real estate agents and other practitioners engaged in "golden visa" related business-it is estimated that 1000 Individuals with incomes above the euro, no more than 10,000 people; followed by banks, the channels of bank profits include the recovery of overdue loans and auction houses; the last beneficiary is the government, although the government can receive part of the income, but due to rising rents High, the government has to pay rent (housing) subsidies to low-income people, which makes the government's "gold visa" this "new business" to obtain very limited gains, and also has a limited role in boosting the Greek economy.
Calculate the cost of buying a house
The government needs more than a sip of soup
To put it in an image, the 2013 basic version of the "Golden Visa" plan gave away permanent residency. The government only drank a little bit of soup from it. It is only equivalent to drizzle to boost the Greek economy. The government also hopes to introduce The continuous flow of water is the internal reason why the Greek government launched the 2019 enhanced version (upgraded version) of the "Golden Visa" program.
Golden visa! Golden Visa: 2019 version
Considering the base of Greece’s population of 10 million (of which about 4 million are concentrated in the Attica region where the capital Athens is located), the Greek government can “sell” “golden visas” annually, for example, no more than 10,000, It is equivalent to one-thousandth of the size of the Greek population-for comparison, the United States, as a traditional immigration country, attracts about 1 million legal immigrants into the United States each year, while the United States has a population of 327 million, and 1 million legal immigrants account for about the United States population. Three ten thousandths of the total. In the case of limited permanent residence "saleable quantity", the only feasible way to increase income is to increase the unit price. So, with the 2019 enhanced version of the "Golden Visa" program.
Golden visa: 400,000 euros can choose to start a company to obtain permanent residence
Invest at least 400,000 euros in the Greek office of a company registered in Greece or an overseas company, or invest at least 400,000 euros in a Greek bank or a Greek mutual fund set up specifically to invest in Greek stocks and bonds. The details can be Refer to this article:Nine ways to get a permanent residence in Greece with a golden visa In addition to buying a house, there are eight options for Golden Visa Greece
Golden visa! Golden Visa: 2020 version, rich version
Greece, which has gradually recovered from the economy, has emerged from the haze of the real estate market and is more active in attracting powerful entrepreneurs. Under this preamble, the Greek government understands that entrepreneurs usually have investment in many countries in the world and are active in the country. And cannot live permanently in one place. Unlike the golden visa, the Greek government needs to increase its attractiveness, provide funds for entrepreneurs’ operations, create or strengthen economic development conditions, and have the obligation to attract international investment through taxable preferential treatment, and promote higher levels of employment and higher Efficient economic activities, permanent residence is no longer the only factor attracting high-asset families. So proposedNon-domScheme.
Non-dom's new attitude towards overseas assets
The new Article 5A of the Greek Income Tax Law (Law No. 4172/2014), as amended in 2020, provides for an alternative taxation system for natural persons transferring their tax residency in Greece,Within 15 years, the annual unified tax on global income is 100,000 euros, and does not matter the total annual income. In fact, Non-dom is not a Golden Visa. Although applicants can also obtain status and live in Greece, Non-dom provides better overseas tax optimization and redefines offshore asset planning. height. Please refer to:Greece Non-Dom Special Tax Resident
Greek Articles Homepage
Calculate the cost of buying a Greek golden visa
Interpretation of Golden Visa in 5 minutes
Investment-free, house-free, financially independent EU permanent residence
Comparison of Financially Independent Person (FIP) and Golden Visa
Aboriginal immigration to Greece is a starting point to the future
The right of abode in Greece does not need to return to the country to apply for a ten-year visa for the United States
Nine ways to obtain a Greek golden visa in addition to buying a house there are eight options Golden Visa Greece
Get a Commonwealth passport in one step, go toDominica passport homepage
Wechat WeChat (bih2005)
[email protected]/ [email protected]
Schedule an appointmentPlease click here
- How to quickly immigrate to get a passport? Dominica passport| Grenada passport| Turkish passport| Saint Kitts passport| Saint Lucia passport| Antigua passport Who has the most advantage? The Dominica passport has outstanding performance in tax planning, overseas shareholding, and offshore applications, enabling its identity to be upgraded and combined with European golden visa, electronic citizenship and other identities,...
- Dominica passport application Dominica immigration investment citizenship three months to get citizenship plan Dominica Passport Immigration Commonwealth Citizenship Naturalization Program In 1993, Dominica (Commonwealth of Dominica initiated the migration...
- Immigration to Greece Golden Visa FIP Article 20 of the Greek Law No. 4251/2014-Financially independent residence permit can apply for permanent residence for 5 years and naturalization for 7 years if the conditions are met. ...
- How to apply for Dominica passport, price, visa free countries, and qualification? The Dominica Citizenship by Investment Program was established in 1993 to legally provide permanent citizenship and passports for mid- to high-end individuals and families around the world. It only takes four to six months to apply, and no...
- Still considering buying a passport? You should know what a full nationality is. Overseas asset management, offshore identity security planning This article will explain why the Dominica passport is recommended? With Dominica nationality, I will also introduce which identification documents are worth applying for...( How much does St. Kitts, Dominica, Turkey cost? The three strongest one step in place, passport cost, investment, donation, buying a house, obtaining identity and nationality advantages, a complete comparison Saint Kitts has the most visa-free countries, Dominica is the most stable, and Turkey is the most popular in 2019. Let Bih take you to analyze the nationality status and passport advantages of these three countries.
- How much does St. Kitts, Dominica, Turkey cost? The three strongest one step in place, passport cost, investment, donation, buying a house, obtaining identity and nationality advantages, a complete comparison
- Inventory of the three major real estate naturalizations in Dominica in 2021
- Dominica passports have added more visa-free countries. Dominica's new passports are more secure passports and more choices for a better life. Dominica ePassport
- The most breathtaking real estate immigration project in 2021 (Caribbean)
- Approved Dominica citizenship on July 28 Let’s take a look at 14 photos of Dominica’s new passport ePassport